Day 8

Sunday May 17, 2010
180 Days to Marathon!!!
Ah, the start of a new week, the hope that things will get easier, and a day of rest and relaxation.
First, a re-cap.
Last week:
3 runs
2 hours
7 miles.

Meh, not great, but I am just getting started. I think my initial 4 mile run through off the training a bit but it will be interesting to see how fast I can do it after a month of training.

My biggest difficulty is maintaining good nutritional habits.

This website has been helpful in reminding me how many carbs, proteins, and fats I should be ingesting.

To maintain your current weight, you should consume 2266 calories per day. According to the USDA, that number of calories should be broken down as follows:
USDA Daily RDI

Calories/DayGrams/Day
60% Carbohydrates1360340
10% Proteins22757
30% Fats68076




Wow, that's a lot of food.
This site tells me that marathon trainers should really aim for 65% carbs, 25% proteins, and 10% fats. I think that will be the one I follow.

Here is my sample meal plan:







































3 cups of coffee with non-fat creamer


Cheese and egg-white sandwich or bagel








bowl of oatmeal with raisins









turkey, cheese, tomato on wheat.








well...









spaghetti with ground beef and parm cheese








Edamame!











BROC










Sweet potato!












And 2 beers. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment