Day 2



Monday May 10, 2010

I woke up this morning feeling very enthusiastic about yesterday's purchases. The shoes have a pocket under the padding to put a sensor. The sensor talks to the sport band. The sport band plugs into the internet and tracks my progress. I couldn't wait to go out and run! Issue: My Dear Boyfriend (MDB) was at work and Thing 1 isn't in school yet. I would have to wait until he is home so he can watch the kids while I go running. Okay, I can deal with that. In my anxious state, I signed up for a marathon.... yes, the girl who smokes and hasn't gotten up off her ass for about 6 months just signed up for the most strenuous physical activity known to man. But I'm a fucking Goddess. I can do it!
Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon- November 13. 26 miles.
I spent $60 for registration and another $48 to reserve a hotel room minutes away from the starting line.
Talk about commitment. Now I don't have a choice but workout. Luckilly I have my Nike marathon training program! The site was pretty easy to navigate. It will take the data gleamed from my sports band to create a log that tracks my milage, calories burned, speed, and chance of zombie attacks. I had to set the start of the program back a week to make it end on the 13th of November. It told me that I had to run 4 miles today.
HOLY SHIT. 4 miles? That's almost like, 5 miles... oh shit oh shit oh shit.
NONONO, none of that negativity. I can DO this. I've run 5 miles before. It was 6 years ago, but I still did it. I can do it again.
I used the handy-dandy "map-it" feature to find a great 4 mile rout around my neighborhood.

WOOHOO! I am now fully prepared to run 4 miles whenever MDB gets home! I was psyched!
Then reminderfox (a program that acts as a calander/schedule on my comp) popped up and reminded me about my secret meeting tonight at 7:00pm. Alright, I can handle this. I make dinner for MDB and the Things then go out and run.

Mother nature had other plans. It rained for the remainder of the day. My elevated mood just turned into mush. I REALLY wanted to test out my new gear.

It wasn't raining when I got back home at 9pm so I got dressed, re-read my instructions, and went out into the night to fulfill my destiny!

Mile 1
This was tough. My calves were screaming at me after only a couple minutes, but I managed to keep going. Around the end of the mile, my ears were in pain from the wind. I had the choice between going a couple yards back to the house or turning the other way and go on a 3 mile loop. It was tough, but I remembered the amount I spent and went the more challenging route.

Mile 2
I walked a lot of this mile. It was a lot of uphill but I reminded myself that what goes up must come down.... I decided to almost sprint down the hills... gravity was on my side afterall...

Mile 3
I was actually feeling really good about myself. I was doing a lot more walking than I had originally planned, but my heart rate was up and I knew that if nothing else I was burning some calories!

Oh Shit! It's raining!!! And I don't have a phone, I don't have any identification, I am stupid. STUPID. It's the middle of the night and I could get mugged, raped, or worse and nobody would know who I am. I punched a couple times into the air to test my ability to fend off the baddies. hmmm, maybe a couple pushups are in order..... shit it's raining!

Mile 4
This is the home stretch! Nothing can stop me now! I sprinted down the last hill and made it back inside in only 56 minutes!

My stats thanks to Nike+ (I promise I'm not getting paid to endorce their products, but that would be sweet!)

No comments:

Post a Comment