Day 5




Thursday May 13, 2010
183 days to Marathon!

Woke up this morning an my muscles were a little stiff but the pain was manageable. I took Gabby to the park in the afternoon and walked a mile in about 20 minutes.
One thing I must say though, this park was fantastic!!!! It's small enough to where I can keep an eye on Thing 1 while I run around a .33 mile track. The playground is fenced in and it's surrounded by a large field which is surrounded by a track surrounded by another fence. And water fountains. GLORIOUS water fountains! No, I'm not talking about statues with water spurting out of an angel's lips, but simple little stop-and-sip stations. They were a life saver. I will definitely be utilizing this park in the future.
Alright, you see that muscle that's connected to the tendon of the big toe? That's the soleus. If it disconnects from the tibia, you get a lovely little malady called shin splints. Sounds painful, eh? Well, the rest of my legs seem to be healing fine, but my soleus's (solei?) are in pain. Probably just more DOMS, but that doesn't really ease my mind.

Anyway, will be adding more stretching to my routine along with push-ups on the off days to improve my core strength.

What else did I do today? This morning, I started writing this blog! I think it is important to track my progress and the Nike log just wasn't up to my standards. Plus, I think I have been clogging up my facebook feed with unnecessary traffic when I could just vent it out into the whole of cyber-space!

Why Atalanta? She was a character in Greek mythology who liked to run. She was raised by bears and was ultimately turned into a lion. She was thwarted by golden apples. Fascinating story.
I hope to eventually turn this project into a book and finally make my millions! Then I can be as off-beat as I want!

No comments:

Post a Comment